Hensley Lamkin Rachel (HLR) Architects is seeking a mission and passion driven individual to join the workforce housing development team in Dallas, TX.
Workforce Housing is aligned with our social mission to provide housing for all and contribute to the communities we are a part of.
Our national workforce housing program was born from our desire to provide communities with an affordable and well-crafted place to call home.
To make it a reality, we partnered with various companies that shared our calling and have to date developed workforce housing communities across the United States, expanding from the West to the East coast, allowing us to become well-versed in different laws, lands, and climate environments.
HLR’s unique approach to workforce housing allows for effective and efficient project developments without sacrificing aesthetics, functionality, or reliability.
- The projects are not Section 8 and do not require federal certification
- You will work closely with the Program Director to assist on the development of schedules, agendas, prototypical sets, and related lists to track client changes and updates required by the QC team
- You will oversee several wood frame affordable housing projects across the United States
- You will be directly involved in the full cycle and see all assigned projects from
concept to beginning of construction
- Travel will not be required
- Monitor progress of projects within schedule
- Oversee multiple projects across the United States of repetitive nature
- Provide direction to project managers of changes that affect projects, to make sure everyone gets the information quickly and accurately
- Help with follow-up to ensure all changes are completed by the teams within the specified deadlines
- Record meeting notes and delivery of meeting minutes
- Project record keeping and digital filing as well as assisting in the creation of documentation protocols to streamline the production process within this program
- Directly oversee the workforce housing support team on their miscellaneous tasks across projects in the program, coordinating delivery of the finished work within the internal deadlines
- Create specific drawings and model content as assigned by the Program Director.
- Demonstrated experience as job captain or similar role
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, AutoCAD
- Wood frame design experience and knowledge of multifamily project types is highly valued
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to identify priorities and lead them into action
- SketchUp, Lumion or other design programs preferred but not required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) benefits package
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance & Group Life Insurance
- PTO and Flex Time.
Unique HLR Benefits:
- AIA Dues – HLR pays 50% of application fees, annual dues, and other professional organization dues
- Texas Architectural License – HLR pays 100% of license renewal fees after the first fully licensed year
- ARE – HLR reimburses 100% of exam fees for exams with passing grades
- Testing and CE Time – HLR allows up to 3 paid days off per year for exams and continuing education.
HLR Architects does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE.