Competition Status: Awarded
Launched on October 24, 2021, the prize awarded $1,000, mentorship, and community to an innovative product that solves a social challenge.
We launched a competition complete with two rounds of deliverables, presentations, and judging. The competition was open to anyone and everyone who had an idea of an innovative product that aimed to solve a social issue.
Announced during a live event on November 22, 2021, the competition winner was EcoAct Tanzania ($1,000 prize). Finalists were also eligible to post their first job for free on Impactionable’s Social Impact Job Portal, advertise a project to our community, host a Video Session to the community, and exclusive discounts for Slidebean’s presentation tools.
- EcoAct Tanzania: EcoAct Tanzania, is a social enterprise established to address the challenges of post consumer plastic pollution, waste management, deforestation, and climate change.
- ReActHQ Africa: ReactHQ is passionate about empowering tech talents to build excellent products and reinvent work in Africa and beyond.
- iDixcover: iDixcover is a workforce development Social Enterprise empowering African youths through technology and vocational education, and provision of free and direct access to mentors, local and global career opportunities.
- Vegan Africa Fund: Vegan AF supports the plant-based future of Africa. They grow the pan-African vegan network and enable vegan ventures to scale and meet the globally growing demand for vegan products and a sustainably sourced future.
- Vital Carbon: Vital Carbons offers a tailor-made service model that can offset the existing unsustainable waste management infrastructure by introducing technologically superior tools.
We are committed to helping aspiring social entrepreneurs find additional support in building their socially-driven ideas. We continue to seek funding for all future Competitions. Donors interested in learning more about funding future Competitions may contact Bora Laci, Project Manager at Impactionable.
Products for Social Change 2020On February 1, 2020, Impactionable and Because International announced the competition. After 200+ applications, the winner was Lagatos. Several finalists and semi-finalists were also accepted into the Pursuit Incubator program.
Social Innovation Competition 2021
On March 1, 2021, Impactionable and Because International announced the winners of the competition. After 379 applications, the winners were Educase and Geopika. Several participants were also accepted into the Pursuit Incubator program
Social Innovation Competition
In December 2021, Impactionable will announce an international based competition with a prize for solutions for products that solve a social challenge.
We are looking for sponsors now!