Competition Status: Awarded
Launched on February 1, 2020, with Because International. The prize awards $1,000 and a spot in the Pursuit Incubator program to an innovative product that solves a social challenge.
We launched a competition complete with three rounds of deliverables, presentations, and judging. The competition was open to anyone and everyone who had an idea of an innovative product that aimed to solve a social issue.
Due to the first competition’s success, 200+ participants applied from 20+ countries and regions. The winner of the competition was announced as Lagatos from California, USA. Several finalists and semi-finalists were also accepted into the Pursuit Incubator program.
- Lagatos: Lagatos provides daily access to the Internet for digitally divided communities in Haiti and Ghana. Customers can purchase an affordable router, which attaches to their phone and provides Wi-Fi hotspots wherever they go. Lagatos subscribers can then tap into this Wi-Fi network for more comprehensive, faster internet access.
- Agricycle: Agricycle is a vertically integrated value chain and network of over 35,000 smallholders worldwide, all creating better-for-you products.
- PedalCell: PedalCell provides a patented power source for cyclists. It uses the rotation of the front wheel to power smartphones, lights, GPS, and other USB devices.
- Mi Terro: Mi Terro is a material company that turns food and milk waste into sustainable fibers.
- SoaPen: SoaPen is a fun and colorful soap pen that encourages proper handwashing for a healthy childhood.
We are committed to helping aspiring social entrepreneurs find additional support in building their socially-driven ideas. We continue to seek funding for all future Competitions. Donors interested in learning more about funding future Competitions may contact Bora Laci, Project Manager at Impactionable.
Products for Social Change 2020On February 1, 2020, Impactionable and Because International announced the competition. After 200+ applications, the winner was Lagatos. Several finalists and semi-finalists were also accepted into the Pursuit Incubator program.
Social Innovation Competition 2021
On March 1, 2021, Impactionable and Because International announced the winners of the competition. After 379 applications, the winners were Educase and Geopika. Several participants were also accepted into the Pursuit Incubator program
Social Innovation Competition
In November 2021, Impactionable will announce a USA-based competition with a prize for solutions for products that solve a social challenge.
We are looking for sponsors now!
Products for social change
UN Sustainable Development Goal:
- Andrew Kroes, President of Because International
- Shivani Chokshi, Co-Founder of Impactionable
- Sukanya Ananthanarayanan, Co-Founder of Impactionable
- Emily Allen, Director at Because International
- Kelsey Otero, Associate Director of Social Innovation at Marquette University